unleash your inner adventurer!
Paddle tubing is a mini rafting expedition up the Knysna river, where few people have had the opportunity to explore.
Unleash your inner adventurer,as you hike, paddle, navigate, swim and rock jump(optional).
A great way to take in the south African sunshine!
The tour begins at Charlesford Farm, where you hop onto the back of our 4×4 vehicle for a short drive to the forest edge. We then take an easy walk through the indigenous forest to reach the river entry point with our gear. From there, our easy-to-manoeuvre rafting tubes provide a fun trip down the spectacular Knysna River gorge. Flanked by indigenous forest, the river transports us through a scenic wonderland of unspoiled wilderness.You can expect serene, glass-like pools, high cliffs, narrow flowing channels, and the occasional small fun rapids.
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Suitable for ages 12 years and older
- R550 pp for 2.5hrs trip
- Booking is essential!
What to bring:
- Closed shoes
- Swimming clothes & towel
- Dry clothes
- Small bottle of water
- Snack for the trip
We provide the following:
- Snack & refreshment
- Coffee/tea after the trip
- A visit to the Charlesford Farm Meat Co & Deli
(bring along your cooler box/bag for buying fresh organic meat)
Paddle Tubing Guides
All of our guides are fully trained to navigate the waters in the area.
How to get there:
From knysna take the N2 to cape town.
- Turn right on to the phantom pass road after the lagoon
- Do NOT go round and under bridge to Brenton on sea.
- Take the left fork for 4.3km which becomes a gravel road.
- Turn right into Charlesford Farm and head straight on left fork.
Park at the butchery parking.
GPS COORDINATES: 34°00’12.3”S 23°00’01.9”E
GOOGLE COORDINATES: -34.003417,23.000522