Sandboard down the Knysna sand dunes for fun filled day for the whole family. Experience a day of adventure at the beach sliding down dunes on sand boards. Get expert instruction by our guides to coach you from beginner to thrill seeker in no time at all. An activity to generate a thrill for a lifetime.
All activities start at Nautical South Restaurant Brenton-On-Sea ,Knysna where a guide will meet you and guide you along a fifteen minute walk to the dunes.
Fastest Dunes in South Africa
The dunes consist of of fine round sand particles which makes the sand soft and fast. It is well known by expert sandboarders for for its superior experience.
Size of the Dunes
The dunes are a medium size with a run of about 100m which is often too fast for most beginners to go to the top. A perfect size to walk up again and again for a three hour trip with plenty of features to make things interesting. Well known among expert sandboarders as the one of the best dunes in SA for sand quality, ease of riding and fun.
Sandboard guide: All of our guides are fully trained to instruct you to carve up your first tracks in the sand or fine tune your sandboarding skills.
Sandboards : These are professionally built sandboards designed for the sole purpose of sandboarding on sand. (snowboards are not suitable for this area) Our sandboards are the choice of expert sand boarders and sandboarding tour companies all across South Africa.
Sandboard bindings: Fitted on the sandboards to keep one strapped in safe secure and to provide unparalleled control we use snowboard bindings of the highest quality. Strap your ankle boots or large shoes in these and feel in control.
What to bring:
- Shoes: Most important. Without these you CANNOT ride our boards. Bring large chunky shoes preferably ankle boots like hiking boots or thick skates shoes to protect your feet and keep you strapped in safely. No flip flops or canvas shoes like converse trainers.
- Small backpack to to carry belongings on the walk
- Water and or refreshments
- Sun hat
- Sun Glasses
- Your own transport to the Brenton on sea car park
- Swimming costume optional extra if you would like to cool off in the sea.
- The activity length is 3hrs.
- The cost of the sandboarding tour is R350 p/person (all ages)